Do you insist on hot chilli sauce with every meal?
If you like chilli plants, sauce, chocolate, recipes and a good bit of suffering, you’ll love this laugh out loud travel tale.
Award winning author Gideon Burrows thought he liked it hot… until he met these guys.
Determined that his treasured Habanero chilli plant would actually fruit this year, and that his hot chilli sauce wouldn’t turn out all vinegary yet again, he set off in search of expert advice, hoping to enjoy a little heat on the way.
What he discovered was a burgeoning community of British chilli enthusiasts: home growers, farmers, hidden kitchen producers, industrial factories, chilli sellers, sauce makers, festivals, chilli eating competitions and chilli-head extreme eaters.
On his journey, Gideon meets some of the chilli scene’s most knowledgable, obsessed and frequently crazy characters. For them, the fiery fruits are not just an ingredient.
They’re a way of life.
On his humorous and revealing journey around Chilli Britain, the author…
- Discovers the secret of a killer hot sauce recipe
- Competes to eat some of world’s hottest chilli pods
- Experiences the pain of eating the legendary ghost chilli and naga jolokia
- Discovers why chilli con carne has nothing to do with Mexico
- Learns how to distinguish the chilli notes and tastes of different varieties
Please grab your copy now by clicking the link below:
Also available at these online stores:
Also available on Amazon.